[ANSTHRLD] AAA submission report - finally.

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Sep 29 10:38:22 PDT 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Doug Bell <debell1 at txcyber.com> wrote:
> >If you know why the sky is blue and/or why Armillary now wants
> >to fly south for the winter, please let me know.
>
> You reflect your earther narrow mindedness with blue skies:
> on Mars the sky would be pink,

<http://webexhibits.org/causesofcolor/14C.html> says "butterscotch"
during the day, "pink/red" at dawn and dusk, but with blue hazes on
occasion in certain places.  But
<http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/02/27/mars.sunset.ap/> has an
image of a blue sunset, and

    The area of Martian sky around the sun is also significantly
    bluer, he said. "The dust scatters light in all directions but it
    scatters light forward much better in blue light than in red
    light. So there's this halo of blue around the sun all the time on
    Mars," he said.

> on Titian a foggy orange,

Titian was usually noted for his oil portraits, not his skies, though
he was noted for his use and balance of colors.

Danihel de Lindocolina
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com