[ANSTHRLD] A Little Something To Amuse and Bemuse Those Returning

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sat Apr 2 21:21:34 PST 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, R. Smith <Russ.Smith at randomgang.com> wrote:
> Until then, iechyd da!
>
> Rhys ap Teudur
> (1200ish Cymro, that is to say, Welshman)

"1200ish"?  I thought Your Highness was from earlier.

Anyway, good luck ruling Deheubarth -- you'll need it.  You might want
to draw up up a will in March 1093.  No reason for that precise date,
mind you -- it's just an auspicious date.  Really.  Ignore that Norman
army behind the curtain.

Don't worry overmuch about your daughter Nesta.  Sure, she'll be as
remarkable for her promiscuity as her beauty, and she'll leave a shoal
of Norman-Welsh bastards, but she'll snag Henry I, King of England, as
one of her conquests for a time.  And lots of her sons will become
adventurers and lords in Ireland.  And one of her grandsons will be
Gerald de Barn (Giraldus Cambrensis), will become a chronicler and
bishop of S. David's.

Since you don't have an article in the 1911 Encyclopedia Brittanica,
I don't see an immediate bar to anyone using your name later.

Danett "every Tom, Dick, and Harry is names Rhys, Hywel, and Owain"
Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com