[ANSTHRLD] Status of a Device

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Tue Apr 5 16:03:34 PDT 2005

Maria writes:
> I have just been contacted by Rose of Nazareth.  She
> submitted her name
> and device at Argent.  Her name has been submitted to Laurel,
> however,
> her device is still at the Kingdom level. I looked uo the
> ILoI it first
> appeared in (2004-11), but seems to disappear after that.
>
> Who would take care of this? Would that be the Retiarius?

Mostly Asterisk (hi!)

It's a good question, and so I'll give an overview here for everyone to see.

If you're asked a question like "where is my submission?", the first place
to look is the Heraldic Submissions Tracker, or HST for short.  This is a
nifty thing invented by our own Daniel de Lincoln, and currently maintained
by me.  It can be found at http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/hst/.

Looking under "R" for Rose, and I see that it lists this:

Rose of Nazareth. (Steppes)
Name.
ILoI 10/04 10.
Kingdom accepted 1/05 (AG 1/05).
In progress.

".
Device.
ILoI 11/04 18.
Kingdom accepted 1/05 (AG 2/05).
In progress.

This means her name was on the October 2004 ILoI, and her device was on the
November 2004 ILoI.  This was, incidentally, an AAA submission, and several
of them got "broken" across two months like this.  The results of the
in-kingdom decision meeting will be printed on an AICC (Annotated Internal
Collated Commentary) document, which is reprinted in the Gazette; above it
says the name acceptance was reported in the January 2005 Gazette, and the
device in the February 2005 Gazette.  You'll note both have "kingdom
accepted 1/05", though, which means both the name and the device went up on
the January 2005 Letter of Intent (LoI).

(At this time, some of these documents (LoI) aren't available on the website
yet, but should be shortly. The ILoI and AICC are always in the Gazette,
which is on the website.)

In short, both her name and her device were sent to Laurel in January 2005.
The current scheduling table in the latest LoAR says that letter will be
ruled on in May, but of course publication of results won't happen for
another couple of months after that.

Now: IF you don't see what you expect to see in the HST, and it looks like
the submission has fallen into a black hole, or you just have questions,
send email to me. I can generally tell you where it is, and how to get it
moving again; and if I don't know, we can all freak out together.

-Emma de Fetherstan
Asterisk Herald