[ANSTHRLD] Request for information re arms and award of arms

Caius Fabius caius_fabius at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 14:53:23 PDT 2005

Greetings and salutations, with all proper respects

I have been away from Heraldry for several (MANY (more than 10)) years.  I
understand there have been some important changes in SCA Heraldry
consultation, conflicts resolution and research, acceptable name sources and
so on.  Is there a quick and dirty list somewhere?

I was told at a recent fighter practise that the reason none of the local
fighters were working of designing their arms was that they couldn't
register or wear them until they got an AoA, and they were afraid people
with AoA's would steal their ideas.  I thought I would check before trying
to answer that one, I have been away a long time......  (I was also told
that SCA fighters no longer needed "favors" unless they were fighting in
"Crown" tourney...!!!!!!!)

Thank you for any relevant answers.

Caius Fabius
notaherald