[ANSTHRLD] court heraldry faux pas

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Mon Aug 22 13:18:17 PDT 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Seanan <seanan.dft at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a bit startling to thumb though the new blackstar and
> see that you were given an award at an event that you
> were unable to attend...

Congratulations!  But ow!

In a discussion on SCA Heralds' in July 1998, Alban Saint Albans
mentioned that he found out about one of his awards via the
kingdom newsletter, and

    And the worst one I've heard is the (almost definitely apocryphal
    even though I heard about it from the person being annointed)
    story about a person who found out about her Pelicanhood by having
    the scroll shoved under her door one night.

Tangwystyl wrote that she "learned about my Laurel from a phone messge
jotted down by a housemate".

Danihel de Lincolino
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com