[ANSTHRLD] device and name conflict check

Hedwig von Luneborg lochherald at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 18:26:27 PST 2005

Unto the Heralds of Ansteorra,
   In my attempt to conflict check all by myself for one of the first times
I've found this...any comments are of course not only welcome but
anticipated:

*Colin Domhnall Douglas *

*The following device associated with this name was registered in August of
1988 (via the East):*
*Per saltire sable and gules, a fret between four griffins segreant to
sinister Or*

**
The above is a possible conflict for the device I'm checking:

*Per saltire sable and gules, a fret argent between two bees in chief and
two bees in base Or*

**

So according to the RofS:

the fret in the second being argent rather than Or is one CD and the bees in
the second being different from the griffins in the first is one CD: so that
is only two CD between these devices.  Would the fact that the bees in the
second are arranged two and two be a third CD from the griffins in the first
which seem to be arranged one on each of the four sides of the fret?

Also as a way to conflict check my own chosen name:

Hedwig von Lubeck was registered in the East does that conflict with Hedwig
von Luneborg since the places in the last names are different?

Thank you again...
--
In Service to (and pursuit of) "The Dream",
Lady Hedwig von Luneborg

"To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to
society." --
Theodore Roosevelt