[ANSTHRLD] a device check if you please

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sun Dec 18 21:20:17 PST 2005

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005, Hedwig von Luneborg <lochherald at gmail.com> wrote:
> To my thinking the book perhaps needs to be Or rather than
> azure...anyone anyone?
>
> Per bend invected Or and azure an opened book purpure and a harp Or

As blazoned, the book is purpure, not azure.

In
    Per bend TINCTURE1 and TINCTURE2, a widget TINCTURE3 and a wadget
    TINCTURE4.
the sinister chief half of the field is TINCTURE1 with the TINCTURE3
widget on it, and the dexter base half of the field is TINCTURE2 with
the TINCTURE4 wadget on it.

That is, the proposed design has an Or half with a purple book on it,
and an azure half with a gold harp on it.  There's no Rule of Tincture
problem.

So please describe the design in plain English.

Dannet Lincoln
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com