[ANSTHRLD] Question about LoIs.

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Fri Dec 30 16:00:46 PST 2005

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, [utf-8] Alasdair MacEogan <alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:
> For the July 2005 LoAR the Ansteorran LoI decided upon was listed as
> dated 24-Mar-05.  For the August 2005 LoAR nothing was listed for
> Ansteorra. (Ok, before you get too picky Daniel, yes there was a
> reblazon listed, but no LoI was shown.)  For the September  2005
> LoAR nothing was listed for Ansteorra.  Now the August and September
> cover letters both show that the October decision meeting decided
> upon the Ansteorran LoI from 23-Jun-05.
>
> Now, with the background out of the way, my question:  What happened
> to the LoI dated 25-May-05?

It was pushed a month and ruled on at the October meetings.
I don't have a reason for why it was pushed: it would either have been
due to lack of payment, lack of forms, or being postmarked late.
Since Ansteorra uses one of the two SquidPaks, it wouldn't have been
due to postmark.  I can ask Laurel or someone if you want to know for
sure.

As for later LoIs, there were problems since July: I don't recall now
whether it was that none of them went to a SquidPak, or that none of
them went to the electronic LoI subscribers.  As Bordure wrote, after
she found out about the problem:

    Per advice from Laurel and Daniel de Lincoln, I am re-issuing the
    following Ansteorran LOIs with new dates:

    21-Jul-2005 reissued as 19-Nov-2005
    29-Aug-2005 reissued as 20-Nov-2005
    21-Sep-2005 reissued as 21-Nov-2005
    20-Oct-2005 reissued as 22-Nov-2005

Danel Lincoln
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com