[ANSTHRLD] Proposed Award Comments

Etienne de St. Amaranth star at ansteorra.org
Thu Feb 3 15:26:31 PST 2005

<<The following comments are from Lord Johann, Orbis Herald, whose messages
are apparently not getting through.  He asked me to post for him.>>

Okay, I'm going to throw my two cents in.  >ka-chink<  There.

Now, then....

Just to add to the thoughts here:

The first thing that came to mind was Sable Sword, but that was the
Sword of State, so that's taken already.

Failing that, I decided to think about Sable Halberd for a
moment....but then decided against it due to possible confusion....

But Sable Spear....that might be worth checking into.

Proposed blazon:  "Or, a spear sable."

Checking the O & A....

Oops.  An exact conflict.  Angus Kerr (East, June 2001).  There went
that idea.

Hmmmm..."...Sable Axe" instead?  Checking.....

"Or, a double-bitted bearded axe sable." (Ulrich von Ravensway,
Atlantia, February 1984).  Wouldn't press my luck with that one.

Hmmm....

Sable Sword & Spear?  Hmmmm....

"(Fieldless) A sword and spear saltirewise sable".  Checking.....

No conflicts.  I think we got a winner with that one.

"(Fieldless) A dragon sable."  Checking....

Closest was Eric de Dragonslaire:  "(Fieldless) A dragon salient sable
breathing flames gules."  Discounting the flame breath (Listerine
works, yanno) due to artistic license, we have the Fieldless CD plus
one for posture (salient vs. rampant).  This is also a winner.

I kinda like the dragon better.  Fierce, strikes fear.  Dangerous.
Definitely works.

Lord Johann Kiefer Haydon (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)
Orbis (and taxman)
(Striking fear into the hearts of the enemy.)