[ANSTHRLD] Inquiry: Escarbuncles

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 06:53:16 PST 2005

I'm looking at escarbuncles.  The PicDic says that the ends can be explicitly
emblazoned.  There is an example listed, "Ferran de Montfery bears: Argent, an
escarbuncle of six spears offset deasil gules."  I would like to know what it
looks like.  Could someone send me the graphic, please?  Or something similar
that doesn't have fleur de lis ends?

Also, what is 'deasil'?

Thanks,
Gabrielle

=====
“... his body curved in a graceful arc as he sank backwards through the ragged veil hanging from the arch ... the look of mingled fear and surprise on his ... wasted, once-handsome face as he fell through the ancient doorway and disappeared behind the veil ...”  p. 886 (abridged).  "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London.