[ANSTHRLD] RE: New Award Discussion

Christie Ward val_org at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 10:12:27 PST 2005

Since a couple of people have written me to ask, a "furison" is a
fire-steel, sometimes also called "a steel", hence the name "Sable Steel".
Every culture in the Middle Ages used fire-steels.  And all the kinds of
warriors use steel in one way or another.  Etc.

Some online pics of this charge:

http://stonemarche.com/people/blazons/xavier.gif
http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/graphics/FHC_Furison.gif
http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/graphics/FoxDaviesGermanFurison.gif

(My inferior ISP has the server down right at the moment, but check back
later to see the two I have pictured, or go to Google.com, click "Images"
and search for furison and they should come up)

::GUNNVOR::