[ANSTHRLD] New Award Discussion

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Wed Feb 2 10:07:10 PST 2005

Ccing star at ansteorra.org, zodiacus at ansteorra.org
per his request.

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Maridonna <maridonna at maridonna.com> wrote:
> I propose the Sable Boar of Ansteorra.

Recall that "boar" sounds so much like "bore" and "boor".  Also,
"boar" has associations with "pig", "swine", "sow", and other
derogatory terms.

On the other hand, people who do marshal activities might not mind.
They might even run with it: "Hey, I got a Piggie!"  Instead of vivat,
the previous recipients make grunting noises in court.  (*sigh* Lordy,
I can imagine that all too well, I fear.)

When brainstorming lots of possibilities, "no" is not a word that
should be used.  But I think that any reactions, good or bad, should
be noted for when the suggestions are winnowed down.

Daniel (Or, on a roundel sable two roundels in fess Or
*snort* *snort*) Lindocolina
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com