[ANSTHRLD] Conchobar mac Innes

Jim Trigg blaise at scadian.net
Mon Feb 28 14:37:30 PST 2005

Brent.Ryder at compucom.com wrote:
>>>Conchobar - OCorrain and MacGuire, "Irish Names", pg 57,
>>>s.n. 'Conchobhar', lists as being seen from 882 to the middle ages
>>
>>The substantive comment: lists exactly what (that is, the precise
>>spelling), seen as what?  I wish I had OCM's _Irish Names_ so I could
>>fill that in.
>
> Same here, I don;t have a copy of a lot of these books that would make
> such things easier. This is why I ask out here for those who do have a
> copy to look it up and give me, and therefor the submitter, the proper
> documentation and conflict checks.

Now that I've gotten home from work and have access to OCM, I see that
the citation is for "Conchobar mac Taidg, who died in 882, is ancestor
of the O Connors of Connacht..."  The header is Conchobar: Conchobar,
Conchu/r, with a pronunciation of kru-hur' (?).  (I suspect that's an
error in my edition and it should be kun-hur'.)  The spelling before the
colon is the early Irish form, and the spellings after the modern forms.

Blaise
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-      /"\
SKA Blaise de Cormeilles                      \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin