[ANSTHRLD] Gulf Wars Heralds Point

Mistress Bronwen mistressbronwen at solhaven.com
Thu Jan 20 04:43:50 PST 2005

Good Heralds,

Gulf Wars XIV is drawing nearer, and as the person responsible for running
Herald's Point this year I am starting to firm up schedules and plans for
the War.

The point will be open from Tuesday March 15th - Saturday March 19th from
9-10 and 10-11 in the morning for classes and (hopefully) a road show if one
of the sovereigns of arms is agreeable and plans to attend. We also need
volunteers to teach classes. At present we have scheduled: Beginning Blazon,
Russian Name Formation, Basic Name Documentation, Ban-Seanchus (Women in
Medieval Ireland), and Court Heraldry. We have room for several others, and
would appreciate a willingness to teach.

The point will be open for consultation from 12-5 daily from Tuesday March
15th- Friday March 18th, and for pickups on Saturday March 19th from 12-2.
We need consultants, and we need to know what references/books people are
willing to bring with them. We would like to have at least two copies on
hand of the most frequently used name sources and of recent O&As. We would
also benefit from collections of name articles, printouts of the Rules for
Submissions and the Admin Handbook, copies of the PicDic, print-outs of the
weirdness and conflict tables, copies various armorials and armory books,
and milk crates or shelves on which to place the books.

If you are an artist planning to attend and help out at the point, please
let me know. We will be needing your talents as well, and also the help of
those wishing to color.

Likewise, we need greeters (to greet clients and maintain the list of those
waiting to be served) and one or two clerks to manage the flow of paperwork
(from the consultants to and from the artists and to make the copies) this
year. Last year everyone had their hands in the files, and this did not
prove to be a good organizational idea. This year we want this facet of our
work to flow smoothly, and to have one person at a time dealing with the
paperwork.

We also need to know which Kingdoms will be accepting submissions at the
war.  A schedule for this can be worked out on site, but I'll need to know
that and your submission rates eventually.

If you are willing to be of service in one of these areas, please let me
know.  It will be very much appreciated, believe me.

This message is being sent to the kingdoms most likely to send heralds to
Gulf Wars, but please feel free to cross-post to other lists. If you wish to
subscribe to the Gulf Wars Heralds list, please feel free to go to
GWHeralds-subscribe at yahoogroups.com and subscribe.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and support....

~

Meistres Bronwen o Gydweli, Heralds Point Coordinator

"Quod Excogitem Sum"..."I Am What I Can Imagine"
[Per pale sable and argent, an antelope statant and in chief a pearled
coronet counterchanged]

~