[ANSTHRLD] (ANSTHRLD) conflict check

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jun 16 09:11:01 PDT 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, William E. Lyon <lyonsden19 at att.net> wrote:
> does the following device conflict
>
> Argent a horse rampant sable in chief and three roses gules?

If you're not 100% sure of how to blazon, please give more
explanation.  The best way is if you can give a URL to a picture of
the design, but that may take a lot of time if you don't have it
already, and may take programs that you don't have.  At least a plain
English description is helpful.

The blazon above is not legal (you don't blazon peripheral charges
before primary charges), but as best I can figure out:

There's a white field.  On it are three large red roses arranged
two-and-one centered on the shield.  Between and a bit up from the top
two rosies is a little tiny black horse.

This works best in a fixed-width font.  The . represents the horsie.

        .
     *     *

        *

I don't recall seeing that style in period heraldry.

Daniel de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com