[ANSTHRLD] new name ideas

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sat Jun 25 23:26:31 PDT 2005

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005, Jay Rudin <rudin at ev1.net> wrote:
> Daniel wrote:
>
>> I don't recall now whether that was about order
>> names or heraldic titles.  In either event, I know
>> a little about both in France, England, and Scotland,
>> and I don't know of any orders or heraldic titles
>> that referred to the arms.
>
> Ummm ... how about Lyon King of Arms?

Good catch.  I blush.  ASIDE from Lord Lyon, I don't know yadda yadda.

Certainly neither England nor Scotland have the Order of the Lions,
their highest order, and Order of the Lion's Paw for those who give a
helping hand to others, and Order of the Lion's Ear for service to
media, and Award of the Lion's Mane for excellence in hairdressing,
... and Ounce Herald, Leopard Herald, Pard Pursivant, Lyoncel
Pursuivant, Lioness Pursuivant, ...  Which is to say, it's possible to
take a naming convention way too far.

Danielis Lincolnia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com