[ANSTHRLD] Question on a Device

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 27 12:21:58 PDT 2005

>I am hoping to get some assistance with submitting my own device, and I am
>not sure as I am young as far as being a herald goes,

Welcome to the crew, we're here to help

>but this is what I want  (forgive me if I do not get the blazon properly
>worded):
>
>per pale sable and purpure, rampant horse or
>
>in laymans terms:  half black and half purple with a gold horse rearing up
>on its hind legs pawing at the air
>
>Please tell me that something like this would be acceptable.

Unfortunately, I found the following:

Dáithí Ó Briain|0007Q|d|Per pale gules and sable, a horse rampant Or

The most common change is to add a bordure to add a second CD. I did come
across one in my short search that could give that idea  a problem:

Caitlín ní Mháille|9605O|d|Purpure, a horse rampant Or and a bordure Or
mullety purpure

There is a number of things here that could be done, but it would be best
for you to tell us what sort of changes would be acceptable to you. Other
charges could be added, the line of division could be made complex, any
number of peripheral ordinaries, etc, et al, could be added to make the
requisit CD's and then conflict checked again.

>Also, who can I turn the device and the fee in to here in the Barony of
>Bryn-Gwlad and how long would something like this take?

The fee, $9 per name, device and/or badge, is given to the Exchequer for
Bryn Gwlad who then give a check to the local herald made out to the kingdon
College of Heralds. Your local herald in Bryn Gwlad is the Honorable Lady
Pegasus Devona, Halberd Puirsuivant. If you go to
http://bryn-gwlad.ansteorra.org/officers/ there is a link to send her email.

>Muriel filia Donaldi de Skia

I am assuming this is the name you wish to register which would also need to
be registered either with or at least before your device. I checked the O&A
through June 2004 and did not find it registered nor did I see it in the
submission tracker online.

Now we need someone to give documentation for the name so we can get that
going as well.

Let us know if this is the name you were looking to submit so the name
heralds can check into it.

Borek
"Has Been" Herald, nobody now