[ANSTHRLD] device help

Jim Trigg blaise at scadian.net
Tue Jun 28 06:39:51 PDT 2005

On Mon, June 27, 2005 9:29 am, Brent Ryder said:
>>I don't know if a horses tail can be plumbed or not.
>
> 'Plumbed' indicates pipes and plumbing ;P
>
> 'Plumed' indicates feathers
>
> I'd go with crined since the general form would be a human head.
>
> I'm assuming the tail lies flat along the helm and not like a mohawk brush
> sort of arrangement (Not sure what that kind of Roman helm is called
> off-hand)

We just went through this at the last East Coast Wreath meeting (for now).
 The term is "crested of", and implies that the crest is a maintained
charge; if it is coprimary (which is actually better style), it should be
blazoned as "... atop a spangenhelm".

Blaise
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-  /"\
SKA Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles         \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN