[ANSTHRLD] Items that were registered :) and returned :(

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Wed Mar 23 21:43:32 PST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Doug Bell <debell1 at txcyber.com> wrote:
> [Malcolm wrote:]
> > Per saltire sable and vert, five cresents argent (2-1-2)

Per saltire sable and vert, in saltire five crescents argent.

> I believe these are the conflicts you requested.  Get Daniel to
> double check them.  I have been around too many Vikings lately.
> They count items as 1, 2, 3, ... many.
>
> Cassandra Cernakova May of 1985 (via the West):
> Purpure, six crescents in annulo argent.

1 CD for the field.  Is there not the second CD for arrangement, since
five crescents could also be in annulo?  Consider this example from
RfS X.4.g:

    Changes that are made on their own, like changing from "three
    mullets in fess" to "three mullets in pale", or from "six mullets"
    on an uncharged field to "five mullets in cross", are clear
    differences.

That last could have been viewed as starting with

* * *
 * *
  *

removing one star of six for no CD

  * *
 * *
  *

and moving one star of five for no CD

  *
 ***
  *

yet a CD for arrangement is nonetheless granted by the example.
(I never paid attention to those example.  Must do so.)

> Cáelán mac Meic Craith January of 1997 (via Caid):
> Quarterly vert and sable, four crescents argent.

1 CD for the field.  For charge numbering, four doesn't differ from
five (RfS X.4.f), and a change of arrangement gets no CD if it's
forced by another change (RfS X.4.g), so I see no CD for plopping one
new crescent down plumb center, so I see a conflict.

> Ramon de la Vega February of 2000 (via An Tir):
> Per saltire vert and sable, four crescents conjoined in cross points
> inward argent.

I see 1 CD for the field (RfS X.4.a), and one for changing the
orientation of every charge in the group (RfS X.4.h).

But I'm tired in the evenings now, what with starting a temporary (so
far?) contracting job, so I could be wrong.

Danielis Lindecolina
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com