[ANSTHRLD] Circlets

Etienne de St. Amaranth star at ansteorra.org
Sun May 1 14:43:27 PDT 2005

At 01:46 PM 4/28/2005, you wrote:
>Well, called up their store and it's 1 1/2" tall, not including the loop
>thing......

For an official response, though it has pretty much all been said...

Based on what I could observe on the link and the dimensions described, the
coronet shown and described would violate sumptuary law for a
non-noble.  Aside from the nobility issue, the design (as Master Robin
noted) is not really a middle ages design.  Sylistically, it's not
period.  That only presents a problem for me (as in one I have to do
something about) if a qualifying noble wanted that circlet or something
similar.  I cannot see enough of the leaf motif around the circlet to
evaluate it against the metallic laurel wreath restriction so I'd have to
see it in person.  I would also have to really look at the upper band shape
as things cross it, etc. to see if it met viscounty or other
requirements.  It does not appear pearl tipped so I don't have that to
worry about.

Seigneur Etienne
Star Principal Herald