[ANSTHRLD] Some help please for a new Herald

Charles Ó Floinn Tons at raf662bravo.com
Mon May 2 20:10:34 PDT 2005

Greeting all,

I have searched as far as I seem able concerning this device that I expect
to be asked to submit within the next few weeks.  I admit that my ability to
build the appropriate picture in my mind from the blazon is limited and
knowing how to properly count ( much less recognize ) the differences as
minor or major is therefore hampered and thus eludes me.  Having said this
much in preface, here is the blazon I am trying to search.

AZURE, A CHEVRON WITH THREE MULLETS OF FOUR POINTS IN CHIEF, A TOWER IN
BASE, OR

What I see in the picture given me is that the mullets are truly in chief so
I assume the "with" expresses that they are following the chevron (as they
are) instead of in line across the top of the heater (in chief) or on the
Chevron (with) and that the metal OR automatically covers every charge since
the only tincture is the background of Azure.

Trying to "see" the devices in the heraldic blazon is what is limiting me
the most, but that will come with experience and exposure.
All comments, public and private, with be of immense help to me I am certain
either in this one example or in future searches since I will be focusing on
those within my shire who have not yet registered a name or device to do so
during my tenure.

Charlie Flynn
? Charles Ó Floinn, ?
Kilgore, Texas