[ANSTHRLD] Shires and Thank Yous

Donnchadh donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us
Tue Nov 15 16:53:35 PST 2005

    tmcd at panix.com wrote:
    Hmmm ... officers, especially locals, too often lose stuff from
    previous tenures, or fall down on the job. Should Zodiacus start
    keeping track of local stuff? Two more columns on the court report
    form: Other Baronial Awards, Other Baronial Honors (meaning champion,
    warlord, bard, whatever)?

What I have done is write the local stuff in the Misc column and then put in a note that says that item is a non-armigerous Baronial award.  That way, It's in the records (because if it ain't in writing, it doesn't exist) and Zodiacus knows to just ignore it.  I've just recently been working on getting our local OP updated, and the problem is that there is no record of these awards given durring my predicessor's term.  So I definately feel that they should be recorded on the court report form, even if Zodiacus doesn't keep track of them.

As far as the Kingdom level awards, it would be nice to have have a local OP for those as well, but I agree with Daniel that it is a lot of duplicated work that way it is now.  I know in the past there was an automated way to pull the records for just a local group, and that that system is no longer working.  I don't know how the current Kingdom OP is stored, but I am pretty handy with databases and scripting, and I would be glad to lend a hand getting that system back up and running if such help is wanted.  I plan on having a full local OP, duplication or not, but it would be so much nicer to have it automated.

Donnchadh
Sable Storm Pursuivant