[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Oct 13 14:41:23 PDT 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Steve K. Rourke <steverourke at charter.net> wrote:
> A submitter who's device was returned has come up with a new idea.
> The proposed blazon is "per bend sable and azure, a double-headed
> eagle argent between three crosses patonce argent" (I think). A
> picture of the device can bve found at
> http://www.stonefalcon.org/sf_gallery/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=10006&pos=-179

The full-sized image alone can be found at
<http://www.stonefalcon.org/sf_gallery/albums/userpics/10006/Device%20Picture.jpg>

The crosses patonce I've seen have no internal detailing: that's
checking the Pic Dic, _An Heraldic Alphabet_, and Parker.  In fact,
the only crosses I see in the Pic Dic with anything that resembles
internal detailing is floretty, flame, estoile, gringol{e'},
S. Brigid, and swords.  Just to avoid debate, I think he should look
up standard cross styles in the Pic Dic and pick one from there.

Barely clear of
    Damian von dem Blauwald
    The following device associated with this name was registered in
    October of 1992 (via Trimaris):
    Per saltire sable and azure, an eagle displayed between three
    Latin crosses flory, one and two argent.
But it's so reminiscent that I think you should point it out to the
submitter to ask whether he wants it.

I see no other possible conflicts in the latest on-line Ordinary.

Dannet de Lincoln
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com