[ANSTHRLD] Re: books

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sun Oct 16 22:21:13 PDT 2005

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005, C.L. Ward <gunnora at vikinganswerlady.com> wrote:
> (1) Geirr Bassi Haraldsson. The Old Norse Name. Studia Marklandica I. Olney,
> MD: Markland Medieval Militia. 1977.
>
> Geirr Bassi is OK, but lacks dates and a suprising number of the
> names are way after the end of the Viking Age and into the 1300's.

While lacking dates is a problem for most books, at least we know that
Geirr Bassi's names are all period, so it's still usable as SCA
documentation.  Maybe not Old Norse, from what you write, and if
you're looking for Old Norse in particular that's annoying.

Danielis Lindum
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com