[ANSTHRLD] Comments requested

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Fri Oct 21 23:22:34 PDT 2005

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Reis ap Tuder <reis at plumes.org> wrote:
> For my sanity, reordering the charges:
>
> Vert, on a bezant within an orle Or, a fleur-de-lis sable.
>
> Now, as for conflicts:
>
> Brian Maolcaoin
>     * The following device associated with this name was registered in
>       January of 1976 (via the East):
>       Vert, on a roundel Or, a unicorn salient sable.
> no change of primary type so the simple heraldry rule doesn't apply
> (see, I learn from my mistakes.)

There's two rules in Part X that refer to "simple".  You only noticed
one, RfS X.2.

> No CD for the tertiary -- you need two changes to a tertiary to
> constitute a CD

except when RfS X.4.j.ii applies, the other part of RfS X that
uses the word "simple":

    ii. For armory that has no more than two types of charge directly
    on the field and has no overall charges, substantially changing
    the type of all of a group of charges placed entirely on an
    ordinary or other suitable charge is one clear difference. Only
    the new submission is required to meet these conditions in order
    to benefit from this clause. A charge is suitable for the purposes
    of this rule if (a) it is simple enough in outline to be voided,
    and (b) it is correctly drawn with an interior substantial enough
    to display easily recognizable charges.

- "no more than two types of charge directly on the field and has no
  overall charges": yup, roundel and orle.
- "substantially changing the type of all of a group of charges placed
  entirely on an ordinary or other suitable charge" means X.2-level of
  change, and a unicorn versus a fleur-de-lys qualifies.
- "Simple enough in outline to be voided": that's trivially true,
  because a roundel voided even has its own special heraldic name
  (annulet).
- "Correctly drawn" etc.: yup.

So 1 CD for the change to tertiary, and
> One CD for no orle.

Two CDs: clear.

Danel de Linccolne
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com