[ANSTHRLD] Definitions of ....

Deborah Sweet dssweet at okstate.edu
Fri Oct 28 12:45:10 PDT 2005

>> Quaver
>Musical note.

I was wondering if that was it.

>> Mistral
>Some kind of weird depiction of wind.

I had been thinking it might have been a bird because it was "contourny".
But if it's one of those clouds with a face type winds..... so does that
make it a monster?

>> Chamfron
>Horse-armor. (Specifically the bit for the head.)

Now, for humans, for the purposes of the Beastiary -- if a bit of armor is
shown it's treated as if that body part was actually inside it for
categorization. Would the same hold true for horse armor?

>> Stocks
>Could be stocks like for imprisonment, or could be a tree-trunk.

Per pale Or and argent, a chevron azure between three stocks couped sable
all within a bordure azure. Stephan Blakstok - device - 1995

So I'm guessing tree-trunks.

>Yes, to Morsulus. I believe his contact information is on the Laurel
website
>somewhere.

Sigh, I was afraid you were going to say something like that.

Thanks

Estrill