[ANSTHRLD] Re: [Bryn-gwlad] Warranting Class Coming Up

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Wed Sep 14 11:58:17 PDT 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Patrick Callahan <dances_with_salmon at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> May I inquire as to the purpose or a "Warranting Class"?  What does the
> class teach?  What is the class about?

People are appointed to SCA office by having a warrant signed by the
superior officers specified for each position.  To be specific, I
think Ansteorra now uses roster warrants, where a couple of dozen
people are jointly appointed, such as at the start of a new reign.

Several SCA offices require that certain classes be taken before a
warrant shall issue.  Being a branch herald certainly requires one,
and I think that the seneschals, treasurers, and marshals also have
mandatory classes.

What is being taught was in the subject line of the forwarded message:
] Subject: [Southern] New Herald's Warranting Class Coming

Dannet Lincoln, a Herald aspiring to be a Pursuivant, or something
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com