[ANSTHRLD] Re: Rita

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Sep 22 10:33:27 PDT 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Clare / nweders at mail.utexas.edu
<heralds at ansteorra.org> wrote:
> Rather than worrying, I think people should watch the news on TV
> and/or get on CNN and watch the latest.  Based on weather patterns,
> the hurricanes seems to be shifting slightly to the northeast

For example, the latest track on Weather Underground shows it shifted
to the east, on the TX side of the TX-LA border.  Better for my dear
old Austin, but LA just can't catch a break this year.

> Everyone needs to really stay calm, especially people who are
> further inland.  ... The people along the coast are the ones who
> have the most problems.  Remember to be courteous whilst driving,
> people are stressed and do stressy things.  Be friendly and be
> helpful.  Pre-courtesy and kindness helps a long way to everyone
> coming out well. Be compassionate to as many people as you can be.

I'll point out a couple of the many other possible courtesies.  Given
how my local grocery store was cleaned out of water and bread, please
don't shop for survival goods that you're OK on.  See Red Cross sites
in your area to see if they want volunteer help.

Daniel de Lyncoln
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com