[ANSTHRLD] Device Research

Paul E. Kiefer, Jr. rapierman at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 15:16:44 PDT 2005

--- "Süren Ünegen (Majestic Fox)" <commander at mongounegen.com> wrote:
> Kunrad Fuchs
> The following device associated with this name was registered in June
> of
> 1994 (via the Middle): *Per chevron argent and azure, in chief two
> fox's
> masks gules and a chief embattled azure.*
>
> My device would read as: *Per chevron vert and or, in chief two fox's
>
> masks argent, in base a compass star sable.*
>
> Is there enough differences here to avoid a conflict? Any input here
> would be very welcome.

Indeed there is.  The first difference is the change in the tincture of
the field, which counts as one CD.  The second difference is the change
of tincture of the fox-mask charges, which is another CD.  Since you
only need two CDs, this item does stand clear on this alone.

There is, of course, the chief embattled vs. the compass star in base,
but it's already clear as it stands.

Just for grins, I checked your proposal for other potential conflicts.
I found that the closest one was from Gallant O'Driscole (May 2004,
Atenveldt):  "Per Chevron vert and argent, two double-bitted axes
argent and a compass rose sable."  Again, there is a CD for the change
in the tincture of the field and one for the axes vs. fox-masks, which
is a change in type of charge.  Once again, this is clear.  I'd say
that your proposed blazon was safe.

Lord Johann Kiefer Haydon (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)
Orbis Herald (and tax man)