[ANSTHRLD] Rita

nweders at mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Sep 22 08:34:47 PDT 2005

They are saying that about 85-90 per cent of the population of Galveston
have evacuated so I think they will be fine.  They have also evacuated some
low lying areas of Houston and such.

Rather than worrying, I think people should watch the news on TV and/or get
on CNN and watch the latest.  Based on weather patterns, the  hurricanes
seems to be shifting slightly to the northeast BUT you never know about
weather patterns. If there seems to be any problem they will let us know.

Everyone needs to really stay calm, especially people who are further
inland.  It sounds scarey but if you just use practical commonsense, most
of us will be fine.  The people along the coast are the ones who have the
most problems.  Remember to be courteous whilst driving, people are
stressed and do stressy things.  Be friendly and be helpful.  Pre-courtesy
and kindness helps a long way to everyone coming out well. Be compassionate
to as many people as you can be.

Regards,

Clare