[ANSTHRLD] Re: Rita

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 22:29:42 PDT 2005

Well,

Seawinds (Corpus Christi) was put under mandatory evacuation on 9/21.
We left at 6 AM on 9/22, for El Paso, TX, which was the closest hotel
room. We're now back in Corpus Chrsiti, after driving about 150 miles
in 3 hours (thank god for back roads, if we'd gone through San
Antonio, we'd still be choking on I-10). We decided we weren't driving
900 miles since they took the hurricane's path further north. I can
only pray that it doesn't do too much devastation, and will be ready
to respond with as much assistance as I can. I have to say, I think
this is a valuable lesson for Texans, the country, and even TXDot, as
to what to do, and how the process can be made even better...

Jayme, Seawinds Pursuivant