[ANSTHRLD] Warranting Class Coming Up

nweders at mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 27 05:57:22 PDT 2005

At 10:46 AM 9/14/2005, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>May I inquire as to the purpose or a "Warranting Class"?  What does the
>class teach?  What is the class about?
>
>Thank You,
>Lost and Confused

Actually, the warranting classes are going to be going through a period of
change.  We're going to start   changing the nature of the warranting
class.  Ideally a warranting class should be taken by people who are
interested in becoming a heraldic officer, at any level but generally the
beginning level.  It should be  used to insruct new officers on the paper
process..., i.e. how to submit paperwork, what the paperwork is, how to
fill out court reports, reporting to your superior officer.

What the warranting class has degenerated into is that and a basic heraldry
class for anyone interested in heraldry.  We're going to be separating the
two and having a smaller simpler  and mandatory warranting class for those
people who are going to be officers (much like the treasurer's office
classes and the gate classes.)  We will then develop and encourage heraldry
classes for non-heralds including simple voice and projection classes that
does not explain the paper part of the office.

I'm looking for people to help develop both these types of classes.  If you
are interested in helping I'd love to hear from you.

Regards,

Clare
Tressure