[ANSTHRLD] RE: Crown Herald Stuff

Michael Smith morganbuchanan at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 4 15:01:19 PDT 2006

Looks like all the names are corrected.  I'd just add to the note about
whether to approach the voice herald before or after court...  After court
is generally the best time, yes.  Particularly if you don't KNOW the voice
herald.  For any number of reasons.  Some of which:

YOU might be getting an award.

The HERALD might be getting an award.  This happened to me.  A herald asked
to fill out the royal awards after he'd done the baronial court biz so I
gave it to him.  He set his stuff down and started copying my stuff, and I
saw MY name on the list already, and an award I was getting that night.
Ruined the surprise for me.  Her Highness Valaria was put out that she
didn't get to surprise me.

All the awards may not be known.  At Crown, the decision to induct Richard
of Durnford was not known to ANYONE, even Their Majesties.  It was a
decision made quickly based on previous information and an immediate
circumstance.  This is just an example.  The fact is, you may be going back
after court ANYWAY.

Of course, I was difficult to talk to after court this time around.  But
that's sort of the exception, not the rule.  Her Majesty Valaria was much
more pleased that I didn't have foreknowledge.

In Service to Ansteorra
Morgan Buchanan
Golden Staff Herald