[ANSTHRLD] Help Needed on: The correct spelling of names for the Crown Tourney's Court Report

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Tue Apr 4 22:37:09 PDT 2006

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Lucianna Maria di Boniface <dolce.luce at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did not write down what the Sable Thistles were for.

On the court report form, note the rightmost column, "Miscellaneous":

    Territorial Barony - where
    Baronial Service Order - which order
    Talon - form of combat
    Thistle - art
    Comet - branch
    Ceremonial Honor -which one

In other words, that box is for the detail that goes with the award.
In the case of the [Sable] Thistle, it's for the art form for which
the award was given.  Similarly, a [Sable] Comet is for service to a
branch, so the branch has to be recorded; a Territorial Barony is
given for a particular territory; et cetera.  They have to be filled
in.

> Also, I went through my notes...Centurion Richard (Richard of
> Durnford?) was notated as having been awarded the companion of the
> Sable Star of Merit. I actually wrote that out beside his name.

There's a column labelled "Star of Merit" 12 columns in from the left,
in the middle of the Grants section.  Check that box instead of
writing out the award.

> Was that a part of the award? To announce him as 'Centurion' and
> then the Star of Merit?

"Centurion" is for Centurion [of the Sable Star], second column from
the left of the Grants section.  He was apparently already a
Centurion.  A Star of Merit [of Ansteorra] is a different award
entirely.

Danielis Lindum Colonia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com