[ANSTHRLD] Indian anyone?

robert segrest aumbob at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 20:43:06 PDT 2006

I have a client who wants to work on an Indian
persona.  She has is recently returned and has
registered a European name and device before, so she
isn't entirely ignorant of the process, but she
doesn't seem to know much about Indian cultures, and I
know just enough to know how little I know.

Does anyone know of good sources for Indian (that's
the subcontinent) naming practices in period that I
might be able to find?  I'm still working on getting
details like time period, specific culture, etc.  She
has a proposed name of Surabhi Lakhia, but she found
both elements in modern sources.  Given name from a
Hindi website (unspecified), last name is that of a
dancer who has a website.  So whose my Hindi guru?

Laszlo