[ANSTHRLD] comments or suggestions

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sun Apr 30 16:26:47 PDT 2006

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Hedwig von Luneborg <lochherald at gmail.com> wrote:
> The commentary is in the December 3, 2005 Ansteorran ICC.  It is #2
> Clara von Ulm.  I've added the image that was returned to the photo
> album at the link in my first email:
>
> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/melissa_phobia/detail?.dir=/f5d9&.dnm=5868scd.jpg&.src=ph&.tok=phMS8yEBIQYKqHw8

(Note to others: when I bring it up, the new drawing is "2 of 2".  You
have to click on the "Prev." link to see the previous one.)

I requested the text of the return, but a reference to text is not the
text.  It is not in the commentary labelled "December" in 2005 in
<http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/ICC/>, but rather under "October", at
<http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/ICC/aicc200510.pdf>.

The decision was
    Device: Returned for charging the upper portions of a chapé
    field. It may be able to be redrawn as a "per chevron throughout"
    field division, as long as the field is evenly bisected.  See the
    all of the commentary for a good discussion.

The commentary was pretty unanimous that it was chape: the center
wedge was way too wide for a pile inverted and well too wide for per
chevron.  I would say that the new depiction fixes the problem, that
it's a real pile inverted.

Danihel Lindum Colonia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com