[ANSTHRLD] July ILOI Comments

Constance Elizabeth Campbell constance.e.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 09:09:37 PDT 2006

Hi!  I am the submitter of the name and device below, and had a couple
questions, and am willing to add something to my device so it doesn't
conflict.  *Note* I do not claim to be knowledgable on heraldry.  So, please
excuse my ignorance and silly questions.  :-)

First question, the person that I conflict with has three irises purpure,
and I have four horseshoes vert.  Do the differences in the number of
charges AND color of the charges constitute separate differences for
conflict?

If not, can I add a bordure argent (or a bordure that looks like the cotised
bend, I don't know the correct term, but I have seen it in a heraldry book)
to my device and have it not conflict?  I hope this makes sense.

I appreciate your assistance in clarification.

In Service,

Constance

7. Constance Elizabeth Campbell (Steppes)
[Name] Feminine Given Names in A Dictionary of English Surnames by Talan
Gwynek www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/reaneyAG.html
Constance and Elizabeth from 1279.
Campbell: Reaney & Wilson s.n. Campbell has Colin Campbell from 1282.
[Device] Blazon as: "Purpure, on a bend cotised argent four horseshoes
palewise vert."
Conflict with Isabella Catharini July 1992: "Purpure, on a bend cotised
argent three irises purpure."