[ANSTHRLD] Tressure's new projects

nweders at mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Aug 14 10:20:29 PDT 2006

Hi all:

I'd thought I'd send a note about the new project I want to start
developing and, again, I am asking for advice and opinions.

Everyone has taken the warranting class test, and I thought it might be a
possible idea of developing some intermediate testing on heraldry and
onomastics.  You wouldn't get a grade but it would be developed in
conjunction with standard classes that could be taught at KC as well as
other teaching venues including AHSS.  Once a person took the class and did
the testing they could in turn teach it to other people.  (Basically,
educating people to teach a class as well as furthering their understanding
of blazonry) the classes would be available on-line  for people to use to
teach the classes.

Is this something that you all would like to see developed?  Would any of
you be willing to work on the classes with me?   I'm not out to play stump
the herald or show how much I know.  I would like to develop a series of
classes that allowed people to learn the material, then turn around, take
it to their  home groups and use the same material to teach people about
heraldry.

Thanks for your time,

Clare
Tressure