[ANSTHRLD] Dressing up in the new finery

Luciana Caterina di Boniface dolce.luce at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 13:07:04 PDT 2006

I became the proud keeper of a few goodies last night - a couple of tabards
(I just LOVE playing dressup!) and two sashes. Now,...I can figure out what
to do with the tabards, but the sashes are leaving me in a bit of a
quandry...

The first sash is green with the crossed trumpets, in shiny-ish gold,
positioned about where it would be on a person's (left?) shoulder. My
understanding is that this would be something worn by a herald when they
were not 'officially on duty'. But,....First, am I correct in this, and
Second, when would that be the case if I am? Would this mean that  herald
could simply show up at an event (ie: Pensic) where they were not performing
in a Heraldic capacity and stroll around the entire time with the sash on?

The next sash is blue, with a circular badge, about shoulder height, that
has teardrop/raindrop on it. I do not remember at the moment if the
teardrop/raindrop is white or blue. I believe it is blue and that the badge
is white. What does this stand for, and when would this be worn?

Any information on either of these would be greatly appreciated.

In Service,
Luciana

--
Always assume the best about your loved ones. There is a reason that you
love them