[ANSTHRLD] Issues with January's submissions...

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Fri Dec 29 17:08:34 PST 2006

Maridonna wrote:
> Tim McDaniel wrote:
>

>>> 4.  If you are using your real name as part of your SCA name. you
>>> must provide proof that that is indeed your real name or it will be
>>> returned.
>>>
>> "Proof" being real-world proof, like a photocopy of a driver's licence
>> (perahsp with sensitive information blacked out).
>>

> Hello,
> One submitter has documentation from Withycombe for his given name
> which happens to be his modern given name.  Does he still need a
> photocopy of an SDL or birth certificate?  If so, why, when it has
> already been documented?  I thought that the Legal Name Allowance
> was for those who could not document a name any other way and the
> SDL or birth certificate was the documentation.
>
> Thanks!

That is correct - the MNA (Mundane Name Allowance) is for those
submitters who 'want what they want'
and cannot document it any other way. If a name is documentable using
standard sources (like Withycombe)
then the MNA does not need to be invoked. That is considered a 'last
resort' sort of doc in many Kingdoms
(speaking as an Artemisian herald who really does not like to invoke the
MNA but will if the submitter will not
change.

Baroness Shauna