[ANSTHRLD] New additions to education/library pages

Dietrich Strobelbart dietrichstrobelbart at myway.com
Wed Feb 1 11:01:04 PST 2006

I have found McBains "Etymological Dictionary of the Gaelic Language" useful.  Full online search capbility.  Includes Scottish, Manx, and Irish forms of Gaelic.In Service,Dietrich StrobelbartSentinel Pursuivantmka Steve Scott281-731-7726 celldietrichstrobelbart at myway.comSchwöre dem Warum ab und suche das WieAbjure the why and seek the how. --- On Tue 01/31, nweders at mail.utexas.edu < nweders at mail.utexas.edu > wrote:From: nweders at mail.utexas.edu [mailto: nweders at mail.utexas.edu]To: heralds at ansteorra.orgDate: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:03:38 -0600Subject: [ANSTHRLD] New additions to education/library pagesThanks to the kindness of Lord Alden, his class on Field Heraldry is now on the Education page for the College.  I encourage anyone who has taught a class and wouldn't mind having the notes included pleas let me know.Also we have begun a library page.  Currently there are listings for on-line sources but eventually there will be a Bibliography for New Heralds to get
an idea of what books are considered "good" sources for them to gather.  Also I have a list begun on the "Bad Books of Heraldry"If you have articles, bibliography,books, or web pages to recommend please send me a note.Projects including a Revised "Book of the Herald" , sample syllabuses for people to help develop classes and such.  I will be working with Star Signet to develop a scribal library with sample hands for people to use to teach scripts and illuminations.If you have any free time and want to help out I have small projects that need doing (book reviews, source finding and such.)  I'd love to find a deputy who can do some research work as well.  Doing this type of work is a good way of learning more about a subject and sharing what you've learned.Anyway, if you haven't done so please check out the education and library pages of the College web site.ClareTressure_______________________________________________Heralds mailing