[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check Request - badge submission - House Porto

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 2 13:21:29 PST 2006

> > I think now we'd like to try (Fieldless) A phoenix gules issuant from a
>cup Or. Not so sure about > > my heraldese, so in English, that's a red
>phoenix rising from a gold cup.

[Fieldless] A phoenix gules issuant from a cup Or

I have checked the O&A and found little even close. Unless it is a recent
pass by Laurel it should be clear.

Let me know what you all find. I am not on this list so please reply to me
at borekvv at hotmail.com

Also, and this is a rehash for a couple of you here, They originally wanted
the house name "House Porto". This was shot down because 'Porto' was a
protected place name and could not be used as a household name. The
suggestion was to use something along the lines of "House <blank> of Oporto"
as way around this. If there is any new precendents on the registration of
Household names that would allow the original to pass, let me know and if
not, the current thought on the alternative.

Thanks for your time

Borek
(hiding as best he can and not managing a very good job of it)