[ANSTHRLD] Learning Question

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Wed Feb 8 18:28:28 PST 2006

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Suren Unegen <commander at mongounegen.com> wrote:
> Trying to understand PART VIII / 5 Fieldless armory must form a
>     self-contained design. A fieldless design must have all its
>     elements conjoined, like the three feathers issuing from a crown
>     used by the Heir Apparent to the throne of England.
>
> Dose this mean that all of the elements of a fieldless device must
> be touching in some cohearent way without overlaping, am I
> understanding this correctly?

That condition just means "in contact" ("conjoined" is not a good term
to have used, as that word implies "no overlap").  From precedent,
there can be overlapping, but only if the area of intersection is
small (for one example, two spears in saltire) -- and there's a
precedent applicable both to fieldless and fielded that "barely
overall" (e.g., the very tips of two wings overlapping an annulet) is
also cause for return.

Danihel de Lindicolino
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com