[ANSTHRLD] Name check please

nweders at mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 10 10:32:02 PST 2006

At 12:09 PM 2/10/2006, you wrote:

>"Etaoin" comprises the six most common letters in English, in order of
>relative frequency.  I suspect it's just a made-up name.

I've seen it as a variant of the name Etain (pronounced Ay-deen) from the
Woing of Etain.  It's not the normal spelling.

  I would have to say that I would be concerned with the fact that the lady
chooses to  register three names (one first two middle?) and a last name
which really isn' the norm in period.  I'm actually reconsidering putting
in a change of name because my name RosMuire is incorrect for a middle
name, a spelling and all.

Etain is a name from Irish (celtic) mythology and I haven't found it yet
used in person for a human.

Clare