[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check please, 3rd round

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Fri Feb 10 17:09:47 PST 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Thorn <Thorn at raf662bravo.com> wrote:
> Do not feel too off about this mistake, I also thought all tinctures
> were to be capitalized.

It appears to be (at least) modern practice of the English College of
Arms to Capitalize Charges and Tinctures.  E.g., a recent (and
stupendously stupid) grant at
<http://www.college-of-arms.gov.uk/Frayling.htm> is blazoned

    Arms: Or between three Owls volant affronty bendwise sinister two
    Bendlets sinister Sable thereon square Billets in bend sinister
    Argent.

    Crest: On a helm with a wreath Or and Sable: A Dodo Sable beaked
    and legged Or grasping in the dexter foot a Goblet Argent enflamed
    Or.

    Motto: PERGE SCELUS MIHI DIEM PERFICIAS.

    Badge: A Saquaro Cactus couped Sable ribbed Or.

You might have picked up the habit from English heraldry books, then.

Daniel Lindum
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com