[ANSTHRLD] Name check please

Thorn Thorn at raf662bravo.com
Wed Feb 15 05:04:52 PST 2006

The name is a saint's given name.  The belief is that the saint then becomes
your "godfather" or "guardian angel" type person who watches over you for
the rest of your life.
It is only recorded in church records and is usually only remembered by the
person and their parents.  It is rarely used outside of Roman Catholic
Church ceremonies and even then only when the priest is reminded of the name
or in cases where the priest wants to be certain that the person is honored
usually in eulogy.  My mom used it when she called for me from the back
door, then I knew that I was in big doo doo.  But you don't have to remember
that last part.

Charles Ó Floinn,
Thorn at raf662bravo.com
Herald, Shire of Rosenfeld