[ANSTHRLD] looking for a difference

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Tue Feb 21 13:58:51 PST 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Alden Drake <alden_drake at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> One of my earlier badge submissions, [Fieldless] a triskelion of
> dragon heads argent,

In an SCA blazon we capitalize only these:
    - the tincture "Or".  Only that one tincture.
    - any proper nouns: "a Bowen knot", "cross of Jerusalem"
    - "(Fieldless)" or "(Tinctureless)".
    - the first word of the blazon proper (technically, "(Fieldless)"
      or "(Tinctureless)" are not part of the blazon)

Note the parentheses.

"<BEAST> <OBJECTS>" is written as "<SINGULAR BEAST>'s <OBJECTS>", as
in "wolf's heads", "eagle's wings", "lion's pizzles".

So that's why it was actually on the LoAR as
    (Fieldless) A triskelion of dragon's heads argent.

> was returned for conflict with "Per pale sable and gules, a
> triskelion of dragon's heads argent" registered to Evja roskva in
> 2003, for only having one difference.
>
> Would either a) piercing my triskelion,

Have you ever seen a head pierced?  Erm, I don't mean like at the
local bar or whatever, where she has four earrings, six through the
ears above, a nose ring, a tongue stud, and don't even ASK about
what's below the neck.  --- Anyway.  In this case, there's not just
piercing of heads or other objects that are not normally pierced:
there's also piercing on a fieldless badge.  You should check
precedents on "pierced".  Do you know what URL to start at to find
Laurel precedents?  Once there, which one do you look at first?  (Do
not proceed further unless you answered "the most recent tenure
available, then going back further and further, because more recent
precedents override earlier ones".)

> or b) charging my triskelion with a pellet (roundel sable), add a
> second difference?

The Rules for Submission part X talks about conflict between pieces of
armory.  What does it say about charges on charges, aye?

Danielis de Lindonio, wanting to teach how to fish
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com