[ANSTHRLD] name pronunciation and other questions

Hedwig von Luneborg lochherald at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 09:11:46 PST 2006

Thank you so much Padraig!  This has been a huge help for me.  I do not have
any reference books other than *Scots Kith and Kin* and *Irish
Names*(Donnchadh O Corrain and Fidelma Maguire) so I will have to
search out the
reference you suggested.  But I know this gentle will be happy with
the spelling of M'Ghie for her last name.
I know the gentleman really wishes to use Ian or Iain and is thus Scottish.
I used the online dictionary you suggested and found:

*blaomadh:* (loud talking, noisy person) which is exactly what he wants.  So
(being from deep east Texas and not able to even pronounce oil correctly ;-)
) how would that be pronounced and what would the proper name pattern be for
Ian *the *(loud) blaomadh?

Danke!
--
"zum Traum" (to The Dream),