[ANSTHRLD] name pronunciation and other questions

Maridonna maridonna at maridonna.com
Sat Feb 25 09:16:03 PST 2006

Hedwig von Luneborg wrote:

> Could someone who has this reference book please look up the name M'Ghie and
> send me that header/edition/page number etc. information?  I can't find the
> book at the library and don't have it in my herald's library.  I would
> really appreciate this.

Square brackets are my addition.

Woulfe, Patrick.  Sloinnte Gaedheal is Gall: Irish Names and
Surnames. Irish Genealogical Foundation 1992, Special Revised Ed.,
ISBN 940134403. P. 415, s.n. Mag Aoda, Mag Aoid - IV - [Italicised
names follow] M'Gay, M'Gey, MGhy.   Magee, MacGee, MacGhee, MacGhie,
Ghee, Gee: var. of Mac Aoda and Mac Aoid, q.v.; a very common
surname in Ulster, where are, doubtless several families of disticnt
origin so call.  A family of this name were chiefs of Muinntear
Tlamain in Co. Westmeath, where they are stil represented.  Other
families are mentioned under Mac Aoda.

I added the whole entry so you glean what you needed.
--
Andrea / Maridonna
Why buy while they die? Adopt a rescue or shelter pet today.