[ANSTHRLD] more naming questions

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sat Feb 25 12:59:01 PST 2006

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Hedwig von Luneborg <lochherald at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a Hebrew name

I think you should consider subscribing to the SCA Heralds' mailing
list.

The auto-administration address is listserv at listserv.aol.com .

To subscribe, send mail to the same address from the account you wish
to subscribe with a body of:
              subscribe scahrlds firstname lastname

>    1. Where can I find information on Hebrew naming practices?

I don't suppose S. Gabriel has anything on Hebrew names?

> *zev- (z'eb or zeh-abe') from an unused root meaning to be yellow; a
> wolf;wolf.  *
> *Also in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible it's number is
> 2061 as referenced in Genisis 49:27.  *
> *The wolf is the symbol for the tribe of Benjamin...*

Is this the submitter's own documentation?  What evidence do you have
that a random word from a dictionary is a given name in any language?

Danel de Linccolne
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com